Wednesday, August 8, 2012

You and Me

A long time ago, I hated yellow. I couldn;t work with it at all.
I never wore it, it just wasn't a color i could get used to. NOW I don't think I can even do a LO that I don't put a splash of yellow on. Yellow alphas on teal, orange, blue and white especially.
I just LOVE it in small doses. Most of the time. Then I saw this LO by the oh-so-talented Melinda Spinks (this girl REALLY knows how to kick it up to the next level!) and was immediately inspired to do a yellow LO of my own. I pulled out my trusty 4x6 scrap pile - seriously - it makes mixing colors & patterns SO MUCH EASIER). I started out with my misted kraft cardstock. I have had this & mask from STudio Calico for months and didn't play with it even once. I was afraid it might go unused and then I made my misted flashcards, noticing that when the walnut antiquing spray (Tsukineko) was applied to kraft, it gave a tone on tone detail and started misting everything I could find :) I then pierced holes along the perimeter of the symbol and handstictched the outside border of it. Nothingearth shattering here. Just scrappy goodness ;)





Thanks for stopping by! HUGS & Happy Surfing!

4 comments:

Stacy said...

Did you use sew easy for the stitches or did you use a machine? I must say I just love your pages.

Patricia said...

Great use of all your scraps! The layout turned out wonderfully!

Laura said...

Love your stitching and great use of scraps. Terrific layout

Melinda Spinks said...

Welcome to club yellow! LOL! Cindy I love what you've done with your layout and the photo is just too cute. You are a sweet-heart! :)