Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Stuffy Love

PURGE!!!!

I have been cleaning my scrappy space again (picture any scene from Hoarders (minus all the icky grossness) and you can visualize my scrap room)
And in doing so, I have found a whole lot of odds & ends that I have been hanging onto.

Case in point - little bits of ribbons - too little to stow away but too big to discard (I keep these in a jar on my desk), so I got creative on the weekend and cut pieces similar in size and stapled them to a scrap strip of cardstock - kind of in a rainbow order. I then hid all the ugly staples with a narrow border strip (and you'll notice, I used another on top of my LO) - score 1 point for me for using hoarded scrappy supplies!!
I added another strip of ribbon (black with white stitching) to the top of my LO.
And then I spotted these cute little birds that are so old, I can't even remember who made them (Prima or Maya Road, maybe?) I know I bought them several decades years ago and whenever I clean my supplies out, I always hold back on getting rid of these cuties.

I made a little home for them using more disgarded white cardstock that I punched ( I SERIOUSLY cannot throw out even the smallest scrap of white and I am the same with black and other neutrals) and finished my LO off with a neutral pattern from October Afternoon (which gave me a wonderful spot to fit my jouralling in).
Supplies: Cardtock: American Crafts, Paper: October Afternoon, Ribbons: from stash, Paper strips: Pink Paislee, Alphas-Thickers, Cosmo Cricket, Chipboard: (unsure), Die Cut: Making Memories Journalling book




Hopefully this post gives you a bit of inspiration to use up some of those ancient scrappy supplies that we ALL keep!
(BTW, if you happen to recognize these little birdies, can you drop me a line? Thanks!)

As always, thanks for stopping by!
Have a Happy Valentine`s Day!

5 comments:

Glamotte said...

Wow, awesome layout!

Erin Morehouse said...

fun when you put the "scrap" back into scrapbooking eh? love it!

Judy said...

I love what you did with all those little pieces of ribbon!

Stephanie said...

Love this page!!! You are so brilliant, I never would have thought to use ribbons like that! The birdies are from Glitz, I have two packages myself I'm hoarding hehe

Tracey Taylor said...

that ribbon border is amazing. So fitting for the whimsy of the page. Love it, every single detail.