Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Power Rangers

Happy November, Peeps!
I have been battling a rotten cold these past 3 days-although I am hoping and praying that yesterday was the worst of it. I have been drinking fluids like CRAZY and trying every cold med that I can get my hands on.

I am not too sure if the cold meds are working or not-maybe they are and I would just feel that much worse.
EEK!

In the meantime, I took my sweet little boy out trick or treating Monday night.
I try not to be too preachy about our struggles with Autism on my blog-I like to think that this is a scrappy blog more than anything and I really love sharing my passion for this hobby with you.

However, I must share this: Little Man never used to really 'get' what holidays were all about. He never really knew what to say and had to follow another child's lead to figure out what to do- so we always end up doing alot of things with other families.
In fact, Mark and I were still opening up most of his Christmas presents for him up until 2 years ago.
Well that is NOT the case this year!
I am THRILLED to report that it was just the 2 of us on Monday night (The weather even cooperated-it was cool but not cold). He knew what he was supposed to say, opened his treat bag without prompting and even remembered to say 'thank you' and 'Happy Halloween' (most of the time ; 0) ) He even picked out his own costume this year and managed to stay out for two WHOLE hours!!

It's amazing how I used to take all of these little things for granted before I was a Mom but now I see how hard some things are for my little guy and I cherish each and every accomplishment that he makes.

**Having a totally proud 'Mom Moment' here. ;)
I hope you don't mind me sharing pics of my Little Power Ranger.


Moving on- here are a few projects that I have been working on with my Hip 2-b Square September kit.
I still haven't quite gotten around to getting the Kindergarten milestones scrapped so I have been playing a bit of catch-up and this was the perfect kit to do it with.


See Kit details HERE.




I also squeezed in a few cards-This one is my fave.

Hip 2-b Square September kit & Add-ons.

Thanks for stopping by!
Have a great Wednesday!

2 comments:

JJ Sobey said...

I don't mind at all - good news is always GOOD to hear! So good to hear that your little man was so independant this year - sounds like he's making big strides!

Tracey Taylor said...

You little Power Ranger is absolutley adorable. Fantastic shots, love the story behind it all and your pages are top notch. I'm really lovin' your 8.5 x 11 work.