Saturday, November 19, 2011

Autumn Wreath

What do you get when you cross Spellbinders dies, a drawer FULL of paper scraps & Autumn inspiration?
This fun little wreath project!

I literally could not close my scrap paper drawer (and I purge this thing pretty regularly). I love to pare down but I also feel guilty about not using some of these beautiful supplies that I have. I pulled out my Cuttlebug, some nested leaves dies that I bough from Trish (I am quite certain that I gasped out loud when I first spotted them) and this pile of paper. I set about choosing colours that reminded me of the Fall foliage that we see here and grabbed most of my browns, red, greens, yellows and oranges.

I cut a circle as my base out of extra chipboard that I had from an old paper pack (I picked a sheet that was a bit on the thinner side to make it easy to cut). I then traced a smaller circle on the inside and cut that as well, leaving myself with a ring about 10`` in diameter.

The die set that I used (see below) is really awesome because I could cut more than one leaf at a time and that saved me LOADS of time. I next took my leaves & embossed them (again with my Cuttlebug and my Swiss Dot embossing folder), inked and distressed most of them and then set to work on gluing them using my Glue Dots Craft 1/2" dot runner.





I finished my wreath off with some floral wire for hanging and some tulle to dress it up a bit and hung it on my fromt door. At first I wasn`t sure how much I liked it (after all of that work-LOL) but the next day when I saw it, I thought it really dressed up the entry way, so it`s grown on me.
I am also happy to say that I decreased my scrap paper by about 1/3rd which is pretty wonderful as well.
I love using up my scrappy supplies.

Thanks for popping in, have a wonderful Saturday!
HUGS & Happy Surfing!

6 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

You did a fabulous job with this wreath! I wouldn't have thought those dies would make such pretty leaves!!! :)

Alisha said...

WOW!!! Your wreath is amazing, I love it. What a great idea to use up scraps and make something so beautiful. Thank you for the inspiration.
alisha.moorenielsen@gmail.com
http://scrappin-happens.blogspot.com/

Jill Sarginson said...

What do you mean, you didn't like it - this is AMAZING girl!!!!!! It's truly stunning. Absolutely, positively beautiful. I want one. :) It doesn't even look like paper! One of my fave projects from you ever! :)

The Sonboul's said...

This is sooo darn pretty! I love this item :)

Tina McDonald said...

This is SO stunning Cindy!!!!!!! LOVE it totally!!

Tracey Taylor said...

What a labour of love! FABULOUS!