Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Last Just Cre8 reveal

WOW!!


I have had this blog post ready to go for a few days. It's so funny how things can change so quickly. I am sad to say that this is my last Just Cre8 reveal. Sue has decided to end the LO kits. You can read the announcement here. I just want to take this oppertunity to thank Sue for taking a chance on me and inviting me to her team and the rest of the crew for for their support and for giving me so much inspiration.

It was almost as if Sue read my mind when she put this kit together. It came together SO easily. And even my MOJO cooperated! All projects are made ENTIRELY from the August Creative kit. As you can tell, I was LOVING the blue/orange combo!!!


* * * * *




***


This card was made by cutting the Skribblz 'Journey' and restructuring it into 'Joy'. I also fussy-cut the funky design out of the Basic Grey paper. I left my chipboard naked because a.) I like the look of it this way and b.) I am a lazy scrapper ;)


***


I had ALOT of fun with the Bazzill-just the Edge products on this LO. I made a 'lace' looking border at the bottom of this LO and then ran contrasting ribbon across the bottom and adhered with staples. I cut the 'loopy' edge in sections to make the straight edge 'curl' around my circle and adhered in pieces. I really liked the over-all effect here. I also traced a die cut piece of artisan chipboard and hand cut around it, using it as a mat for my photo. The flowers were fussy cut and pop-dotted as well for interest. I also cut my BG bling and re-purposed it into leaves for my flower.


Also, I got the idea for my page from a thread started on the JC8 site and issued a challenge on it as well. You can see it here.


* * *


What can I say about this one? It's one of my new faves. I LOVE how the polka paper looks against this bright orange. I think I could seriously EAT this kit! I loved working with it THAT much!

* * * * * *



This one didn't photograph well. I will try again in better light this week. This is DH and LM go-cart racing in PEI last week. I don't know which of them had more fun! Note the denim matted under the photo. It was a great way to add texture to my LO and very fun to get in a kit!
***


In this LO, I used the August JC8 stamps and stamped a mat under my photos. I can already tell I will be getting LOTS of use from this design! I also used more letters from the vinyl Skribblz 'Journey' to make 'run' , double matted my 'swiss-cheese-looking' Bazzill border for added pop. And MORE fussy cutting of the vines on the left.

* * * * *


I hope youn enjoyed the reveal. Please make sure to check out my teamies HERE!

Have a HAPPY WEDNESDAY!!

8 comments:

Julie said...

Well I am so sorry to hear that they are doing no more layout kits.You sure did end this one if fine style.I love all of your designs.

Lee said...

I too am sad ... but chickie, you went out with a bang ... totally ROCKED this kit!! Love all of your designs. Really, really well done!

MelB said...

Ok, you just blow me away with work! You are so talented my friend. I'm so sorry to hear about JC8.

Dawn♥ said...

Cindy these layouts and card are absolutely GORGEOUS! WOW you rocked that kit! :)
♥Dawn♥

Tracey Taylor said...

You totally OUTDID yourself here!!! Each and every one is so full of fantatsic details. FAB work. I'm sorry to hear about JC8.

Amanda Winchester said...

Wow! You've been busy!! These are gorgeous! Loving the colour combo too!

Jenn Di Paolo said...

Wow! Talk about going out with a bang! Too bad about the kits, but you created some fantastic stuff. I love the 'need for speed' LO, the flag is super.

Darlene D said...

Beautiful work, I especially love that card. Awesome!!!