Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Seriously?? Where does the time go??

I always thought my days would be SO LONG and boring as a SAHM. TOTALLY NOT TRUE!! My days/weeks sprout wings and FLY by!! SInce I last posted, there has been a mixer AND I got some GCD news! (Oh and KUTNER from House died-WTH??!!)

First off, Mixer number 13!
The challenge was to use a Dr Seuss book for inspiration and a DR. Seuss quote on your page.
This quote TOTALLY fit my LO of my adorable little nephew READING (I still can't believe he is READING!!)
I used K& Co papers
Pink Paislee scallop paper Trims
Prima Flowers
Rose MOka alphas
Making Memories word strips.
Owl Stamp- Colorbok (Stazon)
Make sure to check MIX it UP! tonight for Challenge 14!! http://mixitupchallenges.blogspot.com/2009/03/mixer-13.html
There is a FABULOUS new prize kit donated from CMK for this round of challenges (CMK kits are DROOL-WORTHY!!! & JAM-PACKED full of scrappy-goodness!http://mixitupchallenges.blogspot.com/2009/04/april-sponsor-commanditaire-pour-le.html
*******************************************************
SO I applied for The GCD Design Team and didn't make it BUT I made a spot in their group of 21 testers! And will be receiving product from them to design with! Holy HANNAH! I was FLOORED and THRILLED to see my name on the list!
You can check out the New DT and the announcements on their blog here: http://gcdstudios.blogspot.com/2009/04/our-new-product-testers.html .
*******************************************************
OK my TWO favorite shows are HOUSE & LOST.
I watched House Monday night and 'OMG! They killed Kutner!!!' (said in my best South Park STan voice) I EQUALLY Loved/Hated the way they did it. It sucked that they just THREW it out there without warning (fans are in an uproar) BUT BUT BUT THIS really IS the reason I LOVE this show so much! They are CONSTANTLY surprising me with their dry-wit, interesting characters and the cast is STELLAR. SO while I think it is rotten to throw it all out there-BOOM! with no warning, I applaud the writers and cast for a flawlessly executed exit of a very beloved character (and for simutaneously SHOCKING the pants off me.)
RIP, Kutner. Congrats on your new job in the West Wing, Kal Penn :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE your LO....love that top left edge!!!
congrats on your being a tester!! can't wait to see what you do with the product!!!
happy wednesday!

Amanda Winchester said...

Love that Dr. Suess LO! Congrats on being a tester! I'm am SURE you will rock whatever product they send you. And I totally agree with your thoughts on House...I love them for their shock factor and having the guts to kill off a character like that (though I will really miss Kutner!).

MelB said...

Congrats on GCD! You are rockin my friend, glad they recognized that. :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats! And OMG about House. I was shocked, and mortified, how could they do such a thing...he was my FAVORITE!!!!!

Jenn Di Paolo said...

You KNOW how I feel about Kutner's departure...I still haven't recovered! Fantastic LO and cheers to you for becoming a product tester...how offical is that!! Woo hoo!!!

ellen s. said...

yeah for GCD! that is soooo cool!

Pamela said...

Love this layout!!!! And congrats on making the product testers group for GCD! That is awesome!